Your privacy is important to us, therefore Green Building Encyclopaedia / Green Building Calculator operates by these principles:
* If you subscribe to our newsletter we will never sell or rent your email address to anyone else. You can unsubscribe at any time, as we use MailChimp.
* GBE’s MailChip account is shared between Green Building Encyclopaedia, Green Building Calculator & Green Building Learning websites and services and our eNewsletter may cover any or all of these.
* If you buy something from us via a card payment, we do not store financial details (credit or debit card numbers). Your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) will not be stored by us.
* We collect and process “personal data” – as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 in providing Green Building Calculator subscription and services. In particular, we use your Personal Information to better understand your requirements and we may occasionally inform you of new features, services and products from Green Building Calculator unless you opt-out of such notices.
* All personal data is processed by Green Building Calculator in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Part of our compliance is the registration of the purposes for which we process data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). This is available on the Public Register of Data Controllers at www.ico.org.uk
* You must be 16 years old to use our websites and/or to attend our events.
* Any “sensitive personal data” as defined in the legislation will only be processed with your explicit consent.
* Green Building Calculator has an obligation under the Act to ensure all data processed are correct and current, but we ask that you review and update your personal information.
* Data are only shared with third parties as part of our services and/or if we are required to do so by UK law. All data are subject to the UK Data Protection Act 1998 as this is where collection and storage occurs, although it may be accessed globally. We cannot accept liability for any processing conducted by third parties outside our remit.
We also use Eventbrite for the sale of tickets.
None of the above affects your rights of access to any data we hold about you. If you wish to request a copy of these data, please email: BrianSpecMan@icloud.com
Please note that any such request may attract an administration fee of £10.00, payable in advance and non-refundable.
Data Protection Act Registered since 2001
- Organisation name: Brian Robert Murphy
- Reference: Z5981281
- Renewal confirmation ICO: 00012654131 24/10/2019
- You don’t have to register to use the public area of https://greenbuildingcalculator.uk but you are required to submit information to access the restricted areas.
- This enables us to provide you with the best service we can.
- When you register to use the restricted areas of GreenBuildingCalculator, GBE GBC will store your e-mail address along with any other information you may provide.
- When you use some services on the website, we may need to collect further information about you.
- This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name and address.
- We may use the information provided to process any transactions undertaken by you and for internal administration and analysis.
- We never disclose your information to any third parties without your permission.
- The information may also be used to notify you of products and services from GBE & GBC which may be of interest to you, unless you advise GBE & GBC in writing of your wish not to receive such information.
- By disclosing your personal information, you agree to collection, storage and processing of your personal information in the manner set out here.
- This site makes use of session cookies.
- If your browser does not support session cookies, then you will be unable to use the subscriber-only area.
- The site also sets a long-term cookie/persistent, the purpose of which is to monitor the numbers of new and repeat visitors to the site.
- The information gathered by this cookie is not linked to any personal subscription information, and your use of the site will be unaffected if your browser does not support long-term/persistent cookies.
- The site may also allow you to store a long-term/persistent cookie with login information, to allow you to skip or streamline the login procedure.
- If your browser does not support long-term/persistent cookies, this functionality will be unavailable.