GBC Mentoring Khartoum Sudan
- Programme to guide and mentor students and fresh graduates in various disciplines presented by graduates and experts.
- A video presentation by BrianSpecMan followed by delegate Q&A
Date: 13th August 2022
Organiser: Reem Tageldin @ Archway team, Faculty of Architecture, University of Khartoum, Sudan
- Clients may want more than their Quantity Surveyor is prepared to let them pay”
- Green Building Calculator’s role in overcoming this challenge
- I want, I want, I want,
- Green buildings design and decision tools
- Green architecture and the calculations of its impact on a changing climate.
Speaker: Brian Murphy aka BrianSpecMan
Delivery: On-line via facebook video
Moderator: Shahd Gaafar
- I would like to thank you so much for giving us some of your precious time.
- To be honest this was an amazing experience for us here in Sudan to have someone with your experience give us a session.
- I hope we may have you as a speaker more often.
Sincerely Shahd Gaafar
- The session was very informative and more than expected!
- Thank you so much for your collaboration.
- Thank you for such an Intelligent audience with interesting questions
- (the best I have had so far).
Archway – Architecture Mentoring Program
Don’t forget to comment with your questions, so we can answer them at the end of the session!
Q&A starts at 1:11:00 in the video
What can we replace cement with?
See Video Q&A @ 1:11:50
Reem Tageldin How does the emerging health challenges (COVID for example ) change the framework for GBC?
See Video Q&A @
Mona Dualbait Sudan uses mostly violet materials because they are cheaper, how can we as a country in an economic crisis tackle this?
See Q&A @ 1:14:00 & 1:20:30
Nawal Bakhet Has GBC been applied to an existing project?
Student competition entry completed and Retrofit version case studies underway
See Video @ 30:38-33:50
Assmaa Yousif Are temporary structures actually more efficient? or will we end up consuming more?
See Video Q&A @ 1:15:20
Hazardous materials are everywhere, contractors are struggling to educate about hazardous materials and waste, what can Architects do about hazardous materials and waste?
See Video @ 1:20:30
Hala Warrag If we want to learn how to use this calculator where can we apply to?
- Videos and instructions will follow, CPD seminars are there.
- We can offer Zoom training.
- Green Building Calculator – Green Building Calculator GBC
- See Video @ 1:29:20 to 1:30:50
Reem Tageldin Interesting!
Reem Tageldin A contextual GBC will be a great addition to the profession.
See Video @ 40:30 to 41:00
Noon Osama What could be a greener alternative for HVAC systems, specially in a hot climate like ours?
See Video Q&A @ 1:24:00
Assmaa Yousif Also Avoid the cladding lol !
Can GBC work in Sudan?
See Video @ 1:26:40 to 1:29:20