GBC on Construction UK
GBC V2 Launch May-June 2022
Green Building Calculator Version 2: BIM without a 3D Model
MS Excel-based, open-book, multi-functional design, decision tool and calculator:
- Choose fuel to get: In-use energy, carbon and running costs
- Embodied energy, embodied carbon, sequestered carbon
Choose or switch between U values and other targets:
- Design Dictated: Form Factor
- Legal minimum: UK or any national regulations
- Design Standards: AECB, CL, CLR, PH, EnerPHit
- Campaign Targets: LETI, ACAN, RIBA, TfL
- Checks and confirms U values meet targets or warns if not
- From 39 readymade elemental assemblies, with all components in order
- Which components or layers apply to your elements
- Materials and it populates data cells for calculations
Summary sheet: (illustrated)
- Component, Element and Whole building losses
- Emphasises disproportionate heat losses to enable review of specification choices
Bill of quantities: without a QS
- Allows cost planning, quotation collating, tendering, build costs
- With cost and carbon data, intelligent value engineering is possible
GBC on Construction UK On-line Magazine February 2022
Link to On-line magazine go to page 16
Green Building Calculator launches Version 2 at Futurebuild 2022 in Digital Impact Zone at stand L68.
GBC V2 is MS Excel-based, open-book, a multi-functional design tool and calculator, it adds whole building embodied energy, embodied carbon, sequestered carbon and costs to the existing in-use energy, carbon and costs of Version 1.
GBC V2 calculates Form Factor to help set U value targets, it engages user’s choice of regulated, design standards, or campaign targets, including: UK or any national regulations; AECB, CL, CLR, PH, EnerPHit; LETI, ACAN, RIBA, TfL, etc.
GBC V2’s elemental assemblies allow choice of components, materials or products, checks, confirms U values meet targets or warns if not.
Summary sheet emphasises which elements have disproportionate heat losses to enable review of specification choices.
GBC V2 includes a bill of quantities to allow cost planning, quotation collating, tendering; with cost and carbon data, intelligent value engineering is possible.
GBC Jargon Buster
- AECB: Association of Environment Conscious Building
- CL: Carbon Lite (Programme)
- CLR: Carbon Lite Retrofit
- PH: Passivhaus
- EnerPHit: Passivhaus Retrofit
- LETI: London Energy Transformation Initiative
- ACAN: Architects Climate Action Network
- RIBA: Royal Institute for British Architects
- TfL: Transport for London